Earn 1.5 CEU (Continuing Education Units) for your Asilomar participation.
Units are from CSU, Sacramento College of Continuing Education. Generally it cannot be applied toward a degree program, but can be used as:
- professional growth units for your credential, and,
- district credit for step advancement. Check with your district regarding its policy on accepting these units.
Credit will be given in the Spring Semester. Grades will not be available until May 2018. Please do NOT call before that time. After February 1, 2018, you may send an e-mail to be sure your materials were received.
Grades are CR/NC only.
You must complete each of the requirements below.
- Register for the conference.
- Attend the opening session Friday evening 7:30-9:00 p.m. at Pacific Grove Middle School Auditorium.
- Attend at least three sessions on Saturday, visit either exhibit area, and attend a Sunday closing session.
- Type a paper as described below. Save a tree: single spacing is fine. Include your name, address and phone number on it in case of problems.
- Complete the Registration Agreement and mail with credit card information or your check for $65.00 (payable to CSUS College of Continuing Education) with your paper to Brian Lim by December 31, 2017.
- Submit a two-part paper. In the first part devote a paragraph or more to each session you attended. Include details on the title, speaker, ideas, activities, and theme(s).Then, in the second part, reflect on how the conference affected your thinking about math How has it affected your classroom? How do you believe it will affect it in the future? What common themes did you see throughout the conference? This part should be at least 1 or 2 pages.
- If you prefer, the two parts above can be combined into one using a more narrative style.
The paper must exhibit a great deal of reflection and must not be just a chronicle of how you spent your weekend.
Mail the registration form, payment, and paper in a single packet
by December 31, 2017 to:
Attn: Brian Lim
PO Box 234
Kentfield, CA 94914
or email to email@example.com